My mum and i created this recipe back in 98, after i suffered a severe bout of bronchitis and pneumonia and my mum who has lupus, was struggling to survive the winter herself. Since making this soup i can honestly say 12 years later, neither of us, have ever gotten that sick again. We both keep a store of this in the freezing so if we feel anything coming on, were quick to nip it in the bud with out kills everything immune boosting soup.
- 8 – 9 chicken lovely legs, skinless
- 8 – 10 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 – 3 small red chillies (Remove the seeds if you don’t like it too hot as they’re the hottest part, or just use one chilli. But you must use small chillies because they loosen mucus.)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 finely chopped carrots
- 1 – 2 handfuls corn
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 2 – 3 handfuls baby spinach
Heat the oil in a stock pot and brown the chicken, garlic, onion, chilli and ginger. Add the chicken stock, carrots and corn. Bring to the boil, and if needed add water. Simmer for 15 – 30 minutes. Take out the chicken, pull the meat off the bone, break meat into small pieces and put back in the pot. Add macaroni and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Add baby spinach, taste, add salt and pepper if needed, then serve.